Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shifting Out

Have you ever had that feeling that you picked the wrong choice? I know a lot of people who are actually planning of shifting out after the 2nd sem.

I'm happy with Political Science. Despite all the warnings that I wouldn't get a job if ever I don't go to Law School after I graduate. I'm happy that I learn stuff about the Philippine government and what we are and how we're doing in the global scene.

Political Science in high school and college is different. WAY DIFFERENT. Listen up Zobel Seniors who's in the same position as I was a year ago. If you're planning to take up political science in college, don't expect it to be as easy as how Ms. Leah or whoever your polsci teacher is teaching you. You wouldn't be spoon fed with the information. Don't expect to receive handouts with all the terms and what it means. Expect to get thick readings and you'll be the one who will be highlighting those terms yourself.

Anyways, that's not my point.

Despite my contentment with my course, I feel like it's lacking something. I wouldn't want to take the easy way out. I wanna have choices. I've been thinking it out and it's been bothering me.

I WANT TO SHIFT TO LIACOM. I WANNA HAVE A DOUBLE DEGREE. I WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER DEGREE IN ECONOMICS.

There, I said it. I want to have a double degree majoring in Political Science and Economics. I have this gut feeling that it would work out more for me. It would help more when I get to Law School or maybe get into a good firm.

The only down part in this is that instead of graduating after 3 years and 1, it would turn into 5 years of Pre-Law. If you'd ask me, I'd want to start Law School ASAP. It would be nice to become that young, up and rising lawyer that I'd love to be. Then it would be 4 years in Law School then probably a year of preparing for the Bar Exams.

Try watching Suits. It's like my perfect basis of what kind of office I want to work in. Harvey Specter being my fictional law hero. Tough, Smart and love to win. How can you achieve that when I have no knowledge in corporate law since polsci focuses on the government?

I still have a lot to think about but I think that's what I want. Hope it goes well though. Any suggestions for me? :(
Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello dear reader! Comments are highly appreciated! Thank you! :)