Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Creature Feature: Bettina Mangubat

Bettina or Tinabets as I would call her, is a well-rounded 15 year old girl from De La Salle Zobel who is well admired for her beauty, intelligence, leadership and her ability to dance her heart out. You will easily get along with her because she is really friendly and her smile will surely captivate your heart.

Questions & Answers :)

1) What group/s are you active in?
I am only active in school organizations, namely the High School Student Representative Coordinating Council or SRCC, DLSZ Pep Squad, Youth for Christ and of course the DLSZ Dance Crew.

2) How do you find tine in balancing school, work and friends?
I find time to balance everything by setting my priorities straight, but it doesn't concentrate on one organization or activity alone. Sometimes I have to sacrifice other things

3) I heard that your family is politically inclined. How do you help your family with that? Any responsibilities that you have to hold?
Yes, my family is in to politics, and my dad has been serving Cavite ever since 2004. I help him every campaign season by going to his motorcades and listening to all his speeches. I also try to help him with whatever he needs. There was also this time that I went to one of his daily Monday sessions in the Capitol of Cavite, to experience what he goes through in his life. Gladly, I was welcomed by all of his co-workers, and my presence was also special mention in their meeting which was truly amazing!

4) When and How did you start dancing?
I started dancing when I was 7. What inspired me to dance was the special bond and cooperation I get with the other people. Others who share the same passion for dancing, and meeting at a point to produce an amazing piece of art. My passion for dancing was truly heightened when I was in baby gap in my grade school years. It made me enhance my skills for dancing, and it also gave me friends that I still have right now. Dancing is what I love. It makes me who I am. I am glad for the pep squad and the dance crew, for these organizations gave me a chance to share my passion with others.



5) How is your relationship with your batchmates being their Junior level representative?
I could say that my relationship with my batchmates is pretty well tuned. My batch is truly amazing. Each one of us has this special bond for batch 2013, that unites us every single time! I really don't know how but it just happens. Our unity and acceptance for each other are truly one of a kind! I am proud to say that I am in Batch 2013 and I am proud to have served Batch 2013.

6) What lessons did you learn this 2011 and what will you hope for when 2012 comes in?
One lesson I've learned this year is that I can't do everything. This was one sad reality I had to face and I had to sacrifice others in order for me to do other things. As much as I want to be active in all activities, I cannot always do everything. Prioritizing and balancing was such a hard thing for me this year, and that is what I'll be aiming at to be better this 2012. I hope for positivity this 2012. I don't expect it to be perfect, but I'll definitely spend it with people who'll make the year worth remembering.

7) What do you want to be in the future?
I honestly don not know what I want to be in the future. I also do not know what course to take! I'll have to think it over this summer of 2012 before entering my aspired college, DLSU-M. But as of the moment, management and advertising are in my top choices for my course!

8) What makes you inspired and motivated in everything that you do? 
What inspires me to work are the people whom I look up to. Their words and trust for me are truly enough to keep me motivated. Also, the people who I serve are also a big factor for me to do my best. Meeting people and gaining friends keep me motivated as well. And of course, God will always be my number one motivator and inspiration.



9) What do you do when you feel like giving up?
I de-stress myself by singing YFC worship songs and by dancing some old routines from pep and crew! I'll never get tired of the good old days!

THE LAST AND NOT THE LEAST SABAW QUESTION:

10) Bakit maputi ang kili-kili mo? I-relate mo ang iyong buhay ayon sa isang Tagalog song.
Maputi ang kili kili ko kasi only Dove touches my skin! Ang buhay ko sa kanta ay and "Good Morning SAINYOOO!" na ginamit sa Nescafe Coffee. Ito yung sinesend ko sa aking mga kaibigan para gumanda ang umaga nila at ito ang kinakanta ko para gumanda and umaga ko. Kahit yung linyang yun lang okay na! Hahaha! :))

Any message or tips to the readers? 
My message to everyone is do your best in everything, and take all opportunities that are given upon you because you'll never know where it'll take you. Never let your fear get the best of you. Just enjoy life and stay happy always! It's a new year so try to have a fresh start in everything! :)

BETTINA MANGUBAT!



Follow her on Twitter!
Pictures taken from her Facebook page! :)

1 comment:

Hello dear reader! Comments are highly appreciated! Thank you! :)